Education & Training Courses
We are excited to offer our clients and community several safety and gun courses. Our upcoming classes will offer hands on training in the classroom, with our state of the art LASR (Laser Assisted Shot Recorder) system, and some courses include live-fire on the gun range. We will be offering monthly Stop the Bleed courses; a gun safety fundamental course for new handgun owners; and an advance course for home defense and CQB (Close Quarter Combat) course.
We believe in the 2nd amendment and our right to bear arms! Top Shelf Ammo supports responsible gun ownership and encourages education and training.
Meet Your Instructor
“Training methods are always evolving and improving, and so should you!”
– Reticent Warrior
Vann Winn, Owner of Reticent Warrior Tactics
All courses are taught by former DEA Supervisory Special Agent Vann Winn of Reticent Warrior Tactics. Vann is a federal Firearms and Tactical, CQB, SWAT and a Martial Arts/Self-Defense instructor with over two decades of real-world experience. Vann offers training on firearms, CQB, emergency medical and more. Courses available days, nights and weekends.
Stop the Bleed® Emergency Wound Medical-Based Skills Course
Stop the Bleed® is nationally recognized by the American College of Surgeons, the Committee on Trauma, and the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care. In this life-saving course, you’ll learn emergency skills every gun owner must know:
- Recognize and stop life-threatening bleeding with 3 quick steps
- When to apply a tourniquet vs apply pressure – you have less than a minute to decide
- Think and act fast, even under extreme stress with the “ABC Technique” (Alert 911, Bleeding and Compress)
- Increase chances of survival using military surgeon’s “Golden Hour Principal”
- Exclusive first responder techniques like pressure-dressing, quick clot and wound packing
- Improvise medical tools from common objects and supplies you should always have with you
(5 hours + 1 hour lunch break/travel time to get to the range)
Are you a new handgun owner, or a longtime gun owner looking to refresh your skills? If so, this course is for you and combines classroom instruction, followed by dry-fire laser training using our LASR (Laser Assisted Shot Recorder) system, and culminates with live-fire training at the range using your own gun. Learning the fundamentals and staying up to date on the latest training and safety protocols is crucial to responsible gun ownership. Training and becoming comfortable with how to properly use and carry your handgun is the best way to ensure you’ll be ready if and when the need arises.
You’ll leave with practical, real-world experience, confidence and best practice knowledge of:
- “The 4 Universal Firearms Safety Rules,” basics everyone should know by heart
- How to safely holster, carry, draw and store your firearms
- The real numbers, facts and truth about gun accidents and the best ways to prevent them
- How to fire your own handgun, taught by our expert instructors
- Basics of how firearms function and the differences between pistols and revolvers
- How to safely load, unload and reload
- “The 7 Fundamentals of Marksmanship,” an in-depth study of stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger press and more
Travel time from Top Shelf Ammo to the gun range is approximately 25-30 minutes.
We recommend bringing your own lunch to ensure you arrive at the gun range on time.
Reliable transportation to get from Top Shelf Ammo to 17 South.
Please make sure you bring the following items with you:
- Ear Protection (available in store)
- Eye Protection (available in store)
- 50 rounds of ammo minimum (available in store)
- Hat (available in store)
- Hand towel
Home Defense CQB (Close Quarters Battle) Course
Course includes a working lunch provided by Top Shelf Ammo
Become a skilled, competent protector and learn how to make better, smarter decisions for your home and family. You’ll finish this course with a solid understanding of best practice readiness techniques and a tangible home defense plan you can implement immediately. Our hands-on, CQB course combines classroom training and live-action defense training using our indoor LASR (Laser Assisted Shot Recorder) course.
The realities of gun ownership in the 21st century aren’t always straightforward, so arm yourself with facts about the laws and gun safety in the home. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in:
- “Stand Your Ground” and “Castle Doctrine” rights, rules and laws in Georgia
- Comprehensive steps to develop your personal home defense plan, including firearms, barricades, cover and concealment, room clearing, points of entry and angles of attack, using elements of surprise, developing a tactical advantage, and more
- Warrior/combat mindset and philosophical approaches to readiness for you and your family
- Medical and first aid considerations
- Understanding the difference between skillsets, tactics and strategy
- Developing a plan of action and having the real-life ability to rescue loved ones and protect your home
THIS IS AN ADVANCED SKILLS TRAINING COURSE AND IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS. ALL ATTENDEES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A HIGH LEVEL OF PROFICIENCY WITH HANDGUNS PRIOR TO SIGNING UP.